Saturday, June 12, 2010

Revlon Make-up Brush and Hard Candy


So earlier this week, I walked into Longs (now owned by CVS Pharmacy) and I picked up this crease brush for about $7 or $8 (see above picture). I've used it all week and I love it! It may not be from Mac or Sephora, but it works so well for me and adds depth to my eyes. I'd post pictures, but my stupid drunk-ass lost my digital camera, so I'm working on getting a new one. Before picking this brush up, I made due with what I had and I just used the same brush for my crease as I did for my outer corner. It did the trick, but having a separate crease brush is AWESOME. :) Considering that brushes can be expensive, this one definitely gets you a lot of bang for your buck. You really can't go wrong with a $7 or $8 make up brush.

That same day (I was running around pricing glass bowls and stuff for my reception in October), I walked into Wal-Mart and saw the Hard Candy make up line.




Above: Hard Candy Baked Blush Crush in Bombshell
Above: Hard Candy Kaleyedescope Baked Shadow Duo in Rush Hour

These are my two new favorite things I have in my make-up arsenal. The colors are very pigmented and they blend beautifully. They last for a long time too, but really, you can make anything last as long as you use a good base. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Yes, I know it's a bit pricey, but it was well worth the investment. I've heard that Revlon Concealer works well too as a base.

I was looking for a more natural look and since I have brown skin, I wanted something that looked natural, but that made my eyes really pop. I used the pink on my inner lid, the brown in my crease, and then a more matted, darker brown for the outer corner. I've had the matted darker eyeshadow for awhile. It's nothing special. The shadow blended beautifully and looked awesome on my skin.

The Baked Blush Crush worked well too! It lasted through my whole shift and it gave me a nice natural sun-kissed glow without the sunburn. It was a little dark for my taste, but it still looked nice.

All in all, Hard Candy is my new favorite make up line and I'm excited to try some of their other products. It's inexpensive and it's high quality! Perfect for my budget! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves make-up but can't afford Mac or Sephora! If you want to see some more of their products, feel free to go here. Hard Candy's make up line is available at Wal-mart, so the next time you're there looking for random crap, stop by the cosmetics section. You will not be disappointed.



5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, Ari!! I'm totally going to WalMart tomorrow to look for a Hard Candy blush, and maybe pick up a crease brush as well. If WalMart doesnt have it, I'll check Longs. I know you don't use liquid foundation (or foundation at all in that matter...lucky you!) but if you ever decide to, I started using Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Foundation because it's WAAYYYYY better than the MAC and Estee Lauder ones I've been using in the past. Thank you for updating!! I swear, I check you and Darah's blog on a daily basis to see if you guys have updated. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah, i'm so glad someone reads this crap. :) I don't use liquid foundation, but can you recommend a good powder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the heck!! I can;t wait to go to wal mart and buy everything in the entire line!! I remember as a kid I would collect the hard candy nail polishes with the little plastic ring on them... they were m favorite!! I didnt know they started selling their products at wal mart! i'm there! thanks for the scoops! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know of any good quality drug store powder, but I'm in love with Bare Escentuals powder foundation and Mineral Veil. The foundation is $25 and the Mineral Veil is $19. Mineral Veil is basically a translucent powder that sets your makeup and prevents oil from taking over. I still use it and believe the $19 is very well worth it. It lasts me about 3 months and you only need a little bit of it for your entire face. It's amazing, Ari. I believe Sephora will give you a sample if you ask them for one. I actually need to go back and buy more cuz I ran out a few days ago. But yeah, that's what I recommend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Hard Candy brand! I thought I was the only one who used it because I never see anyone else buying it...except I've noticed that Glamour magazine incorporates it into some of their looks now. I love MAC and Sephora, but I definitely cannot afford every little thing from there, so I love Walmart and what they have. And I want to try the revlon brushes! I really like the Sonia Kashiuk brushes from Target because they're pretty cheap compared to brand name ones and work really, really well.

    ReplyDelete