Monday, February 21, 2011

BIg Slice of Humble Pie

So 2011 is filled with new beginnings for me.

I got a new job, started playing softball for the first time in my entire life, and I'm testing out my wifey skills by starting to cook. My dad would be so proud. lol

I love to learn, but I also love to be good at stuff right away. Yes, I know that hard work is the key to success, but it's hard when things just aren't clicking right away. Honestly, I've never worked a job in my life that I haven't been mildly proficient within a few weeks of starting the position.

This is definitely something new and different.

I've had an office job before working at the State Capitol, but lets face it, there are multiple checks and balances in place so that mistakes, when they occur are easily fixable... most of the time.

This new job that I have is beyond anything that I've ever done. Close attention to detail, patience, and constant communication are skills that are required to do the job. I thought I was great at all those things, but unfortunately, these are the areas that I need to work on the most. I also thought I was great at following directions, but apparently, I need to work on that skill too. Both my new job and my experience with softball have revealed this to me.

I try to tell myself that it will get better and to stick through it, but let's just face it, I've been handed a piece of humble pie. This is probably the most humbling experiences that I've ever had in my life.

I just hope it gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment