Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's my Grandma's birthday. I know there's only like 3 hours left of March 17th left, but, well, I had a lot to do today. Here's the look I wear when I'm feeling lucky. My camera isn't the best, so don't mind the poor lighting and that ugly face on the screen. I know, real scary, but it's the only face I have.

Here is the look:




















1. Start with an eyeshadow primer. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but drug store concealer that matches your skin tone or Mac paint pot will work just as well too. Apply primer to entire lid.














2. Take a lime green eyeshadow and apply it to the inner half of the lid using a flat brush. I used a Lime Green Cover Girl Eyeshadow.














3. Take a darker green eyeshadow and apply it to the outer half of the lid. I used Mac's Swimming. Any eyeshadow will do as long as it's a shade or two darker than the one you used on your inner lid. Then blend the two colors using a separate fluffy brush.














4. Take a forest green eyeshadow and apply it to your crease using a windshield wiper motion. I used this forest green color on my sephora palette. As long as it's darker than the previous two greens you already put on, then it should be alright, then blend.














5. Take a matte black eyeshadow and apply it to the lower outer corner of the lid to make your eyes pop. Then blend. You can add more lighter green or more black if you need.














6. Take a green pigment and apply it on top of the lighter green eyshadow on your inner lid. I used Make Up Forever green pigment.














7. Line eyes with a black liquid or gel eyeliner on the top lid and then use a waterproof pencil on the waterline on the bottom.














8. Finish with your favorite foundation, blush, and fill in eyebrows.

That's it. The pics are bad, but I hope you get the picture. Don't mind the hideousness of the pics, I had a long day at work. I'll try to get back on here more often. It's been hard since I have no time to do other things besides work and play softball. My two jobs and my husband rule my life. Anyway, I'll try to take better pics next time.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

2 comments:

  1. You're beautiful Ari, you're so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! GO APPLY AT MAC!! seriously!! (and happy belated birthday to your grandma!)

    ReplyDelete