Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Dog


This is my dog, Ramsey. In this picture, she is giving me that look she gives me when I know she thinks I'm being stupid. This particular day, I kept calling her to look at me so that I could take pictures. Do you see how her upper lip curls? lol I love her.

She's a rescue dog. We got her from the Humane Society. Apparently, she was roaming the streets of Waipahu. For those of you who don't live in Hawaii, Waipahu is a bit on the ghetto side. It's an old plantation neighborhood, but parts of it have emerged as one of Oahu's premier ghettos. Yes, there are ghettos in Hawaii, but most people who come here don't want to see that part. Anyway, because she had such a rough life in the early months of being on this earth, she eats just about anything. Yes, she eats the normal human food that people usually give dogs like hot dogs, spam, bacon, etc... she can even here the can of vienna sausage opening from a mile away no matter how quiet you're trying to be. She also eats lettuce, bananas, apples, oranges, and other vegetables. Because of her "life on the streets" she'll eat anything. lol

She's super affectionate and gets excited every time I come home. Nothing can beat that feeling of being unconditionally loved. Ramsey (that's her name) doesn't care about what I think on certain issues (see below blog) or what time I come home (as long as I come home) because she's always happy to see me. She never belittles me or makes me feel like I'm unimportant. When I'm hungover (yes, there has been those times) she will sit with me in the bathroom while I'm throwing up from the night before. She never compares me to anyone else and I know that she thinks I'm the greatest. Most of the time, I prefer her over hanging out with humans because sometimes, talking to people can just be so exhausting. Not that I can't ever talk to people. I wait tables, so I get paid to get to know people, but sometimes talking to people about their lives and their issues can just be so tiring and emotionally draining, especially when you feel like no one listens to you.

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute! She sits with you in the bathroom when you're hungover! CUUUTE! How old is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll be two this year. :) I can't access your blog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i <3 your dog! what a good listener =) i am a dog lover too! Ours got stolen though!!! =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a little about your work and your doggie.

    ReplyDelete